For assistance with any installation, please call Trilithic support at 1-800-344-2412.
This firmware is appropriate for most users, but some companies have specific update policies. In some cases the standard firmware may render certain test functions inoperable. Please contact your manager before updating your firmware.
WARNING: If you are upgrading from firmware between v 220.127.116.11 to v 10.4.1.2 you must upgrade to 860 DSPi Firmware v 18.104.22.168 first.
- Performance optimizations and bug fixes
- Change Spectrum Markers to work off Peak or Normal traces
- Add unlimited Cable MODEM MAC address Range
- Add wider Cable MODEM MAC address Range
- Add support for latest RF board for better MER on FM band digital channels
- Add Cable Modem to Login even with unknown Status Messages
- Added Storage of Cable Modem Serial Number
- Added Support for New Cable Modem MAC Address Range
- Added Support for new 85 MHz RSA Headend Devices
- Increased Lock Requirement Time for QAM Macro
- Change Markers to now set Peak to Valley range in RSA menu
- Corrected issue in SSR display when viewing the local vs headend view
- Corrected issue in digital setup menu
- Corrected issue autotest macro
- Corrected issue with adaptive equalization tap
- Added reference level readout in spectrum mode
- Corrected issue with DOCSIS 8x4 modem setup
- Corrected issue with DOCSIS 8x4 modem autotest macro
- Added Modem channel explanation to type in info menu
- Added option to save and restore presets in the spectrum menu
- Added Burst mode to SSR
- Fixed bug in CM through that kept user from being able to toggle downstream /upstream
- SSR Added reference for bottom graph
- Added Downstream DOCSIS Line to QAM Equalizer
- Added a shortcut for downstream frequencies to be accessed from navigation menu
- Added 2,5,10 db/div in SSR mode
- Added Spectrum .pres to file filter in explorer menu
- Improved speed upon entering the UP-LD menu
- Improved WiFi login, allow for Com net speed to be set at 100 Mbps
- Reduced DOCSIS 3 8x4 modem booth time by five seconds
- Added DOCSIS 3 8x4 modem firmware version on CMStat menu
- Added DOCSIS 3 8x4 dual modem support
- New 8x4 DOCSIS modem support.
- Modem login bypass - allows for technicians to press "Enter" to bypass full registration and show modem statistics.
- Upstream EQ - 8x4 can now show pre-equalized taps, group delay and in-channel frequency response.
- Autotest BER update - If you do not check BER in the channel plans, no readings on BER will be taken.
- WARNING: If you are upgrading from firmware between v 22.214.171.124 to v 10.4.1.2 you must upgrade to 860 DSPi Firmware v 126.96.36.199 first and then upgrade to v 188.8.131.52. The older firmware in this range has a limitation on how big of a flash memory that they can upgrade and this limitation was removed in the v 11.x.x.x releases of firmware. Once you have upgraded to a firmware version from v 11.x.x.x, you will not need to do this double step upgrade again. This applies to WorkBench, TDM and the DOS Console version of the firmwares.
- Increased Long Term BER to 24 Hours as a test, Workbench also supports this functionality.
- Changed spoofing to not allow invalid characters.
- Added some IPv4/IPv6 code, allows the modem to go into IPv4 or IPv6 mode.
- Added ability to force 10Mbps, 100Mbps, or Auto Negotiate for CI-4 and CI-5 support.
- Added code to auto detect 85 MHz or 65 MHz boards.
- Added Chinese Icon support.
- New Spectrum Detector mode – “Burst Detector” available for use.
- Store the network connectivity mode in CMSTat macro in case you wish to remote view cable modem macro logs over the RJ-45 connection
- QAM macro speed enhanced when channel is below -20 dBmV
- Added dynamic naming to tasks in the task manager for maintenance personnel
- Forced scan mode tilt compensation to use Tilt menu (High / Low) channel selection
- Added Low and High tilt channel labels to scan mode when tilt compensated scan is activated
- Lockout changes in operator / new technician when setup is locked out
- Added parsing to operator name to allow the tech ID number to be included in the field and displayed on boot up
- Added the "X" display and ingress check in RSVP mode to help users determine if carriers are interfered with by ingress
- Added "Outlet" as a selection in the location menu
- Added 2.4GHz Spectrum Reject Mode
- Added Tilt Compensated Scan Mode (Beta) and Tilt Compensated Scan Macro Mode (Beta)
- Cleared SSR and RSA graphs when signal is removed
- Allowed QAM macro to accept data when back-to-back MER readings are within 0.25dB vs. 0.0625dB
- Added a function to set a macro step to default parameters and default limits When editing a macro
- Forward Sweep A minus B or A and B displays
- Forward Sweep can now use a negative PAD value
- SSR, RSVP and RSA now work at 51.3, 52.3 or 53.3 MHz on V4 RF Boards.
- SST Return Link autofind was fixed
- Upstream EQ option for D2 modems is now a real mode vs. hidden beta feature
- Changed Noise Level in C/N Menu to show Channel Noise vs. Meter Noise Floor.
- Enhanced QAM Macro Step to use a new QAM Lock Detection and Bit Collecting algorithm.
- Scan, C/N, and Hum test modes are now standard features.
- Corrected Total Power calculation error.
- Added dotted lines to indicate traffic bandwidth in TraffiControl mode, and corrected reset issue.
- Added Date/Time to Cable Modem Log File.
- Made changes to 85 MHz return path testing functions based on alpha test results (SSR Local update speed; max RF for telemetry; etc.).
- Modified Web Server/Browser operation to improve SSL compatibility.
- Added Quick Jump function to change mode from SSR to Traffic
- C/N Analog Bandwidth is now always shown (even on digital channels)
- Added More Detail to Comm RDY and IP on Navigation Status Bar
- Changed BER measurement display from 0.00 E00 to -.-- --- until 1.0E-08 is reached then numbers are given
- Removed obscure application, distance-to-fault mode, from spectrum menu
- Fixed CM Stat "Config File" saving bug
- Fixed RSA referenced measurement gain calculation bug
- Fixed Long Term BER reset bug
- Increased forward sweep reference files storage from 8 to 12 files
- Increased return sweep (SSR) reference files storage from 8 to 12 files
- Increased return sweep (RSA) reference files storage from 8 to 12 files
- Added input display to the top of every DSPr measurement menu
- Added test point compensation prompt when running macros and using TP Comp
- Return sweep files can now be filtered in Explorer menu
- Increased speed of tilt mode by using Multi-Channel Averaging setting vs. Single Channel Averaging; these settings are configured in the Scan Mode setup menu
- Added Peak Hold functionality under QAM EVS menu
- Changed RSA Menu to simplify transmit power setting for technicians by enabling adjustment of only the test point compensation value
- Allowed RSA technician to hide the headend Ingress Trace
- Removed SpeedSweep Option from 860 DSPr option menu
- Dual Mode DOCSIS 3 modems now have QAM Transmitter enabled to go to 65 Mhz
- Increased SSR and RSVP Telemetry range up to 115 MHz for use with SST-9581's with new Telemetry Option.
- Fixed a bug in the equalizer graph in which some of the tap values were reading incorrectly.
- A feature that memorizes Tilt Markers when the device shuts down.
- Added 50 Mbps and 200 Mbps to the Throughput menu for Euro DOCSIS devices.
- The globals.ini file is copied over to globals.bak when a user restores defaults to assist in Trilithic troubleshooting support.
- A feature that allows a single meter to be used by three technicians has been added. If more than one technician is using the same meter, the operator names can be entered and a pop up will be presented on meter turn-on for the user to select their name.
- The user can now select Wi-Fi zone upon logging in using the Wi-Fi adapter.
- The Return Test Point Compensation mode has been enhanced to allow a user to adjust Transmit Level, Test Point Value, or Injection Level.
- An advanced Return Sweep Analyzer (8310 RSA Headend unit) mode has been added, which is not available for activation at this time. These units are in Alpha Test Mode with Beta Tests scheduled later this year.
- This release fully supports DOCSIS 3 and EuroDOCSIS 3 modems. Although every attempt has been made to make sure this firmware is 100% backward compatible with all DOCSIS 1.0, DOCSIS 1.1, DOCSIS 2.0, and Euro DOCSIS 2.0 (including Macros) meters, please upgrade only a few units and test in your normal day to day operation before upgrading thousands of meters. This is always a prudent way of distributing upgrades, especially when low level driver changes are involved.
- For DOCSIS 3.0 units, the Ping Macro Step now uses the average launch level, while the CMStat Macro Step uses individual launch levels for comparison to limits. Note: This only affects DOCSIS 3.0 and US DOCSIS / EuroDOCSIS 3.0 Dual Mode Modem equipped units (when channel bonding).
- A QAM Source User Level Adjustment (+/- 4 dB) has been added under the Function key in the QAM Source menu, enabling the user to adjust the output in 1 dB increments in the field.
- Beeps occur on low battery even if keyboard beeps have been deactivated.